Free Shipping on orders above $100 (Exclusions Apply)
- 4 C All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 C Butter
- 1 C Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 12 Oz Dried Nectarines (Cut into quarters)
- 3/4 C Brown Sugar
- 3 C Water (enough to cover)
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Dough: Mix together flour and salt. Add in shortening until the mixture is crumbly. Mix in milk and vanilla extract and stir until dough forms a ball. Roll out dough and cut into 18, 6-inch circles. Set aside.
- Filling: In a large saucepan, combine nectarines, lemon juice, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Add enough water to cover fruit. Cover pan and cook over low heat until fruit is falling apart. Remove lid and continue to cook until water has evaporated and fruit is broken down.
- Place oil or shortening in small, high-sided skillet. Place over medium heat. Spoon equal amounts of filling into each pastry circle and fold in half. Seal pastry with a fork dipped in cold water.
- Fry a few pies at a time in hot oil, browning on both sides. Drain pies on paper towels.
13501 Cogswell Road
Hickman, CA 95323
For over 50 years Rodney and Don Stackhouse have been farming together in the fertile San Joaquin Valley of California. Second generation orchardists, they have spent their whole lives growing only the very best quality fruit and nuts and finding a way to make them available directly to you. This personal, family farm approach ensures the premium quality and consistency you deserve.